Monday, July 26, 2010

Ang mga cellphones ng buhay ko!


The phones that were a part of my life.
PEACE!
Do you own a cellular phone right now? Since when? And how did you earn it?

Right now, I would like to tell a little story of the list of phones that have been a part of my life. 

Join me as I take a look back and venture again through the fun and gloomy fields of my life in the wonderful cyber-world of cellular phones.


(1) Name of Manufacturer:   ALCATEL
     Name of Phone Model:     Alcatel OT
     Year of Acquisition:         1999
     Educational Level:           Grade III

     This model is actually the first cellular phone that I have encountered and the first that we have acquired. The most "fun" part of this phone model, that I can never forget, is that it resembles the shape of a local soap brand named: "Safeguard." Those who have seen the actual phone would agree with the me in saying, "ang cellphone nakong mora'g Safeguard," (this is the phone that looks like Safeguard).


(2) Name of Manufacturer:   PHILIPS
     Name of Phone Model:     Philips Savvy
     Year of Acquisition:         2000 - 2001
     Educational Level:           Grade IV

     This is the second phone that has reached my hands and the most unforgettable and well-appreciated so far. It has a built-in application that will "compute" your destiny for a day of your choice. It functions like our daily horoscope without using those "horoscopic" signs and symbols. Interesting isn't it? And for a two-lined screen, it has a four-way arrow navigator! (Though I couldn't remember the part where those navigators are actually that useful.)

      The two phone models that are mentioned above, I believe, are not anymore being sold. Of course, it was manufactured ten years ago and with today's technological breakthrough, talagang mapag-iiwanan na ang mga ito. Would you agree?


(3) Name of Manufacturer:   NOKIA
     Name of Phone Model:    Nokia 3310 / 3315
     Year of Acquisition:         2003 - 2004
     Educational Level:           Grade VI


     "YES!" A big "Yes!" And another loud "yes!" was all I could answer when being asked if I would want to have another cellular phone so that I may be in touch whenever needed and because of the fact that I evolved from a two-liner phone to a four-lined and very famous phone model.


     I was Grade VI that time, on our local elementary school, when I acquired this phone. That was also the time when a local network provider, Sun Cellular, emerged and started operating its business. And I am proud to say that I am one of its first clients.


      Anyway, the Nokia 3310 can still be found today but most are re-manufactured. Some company would buy old sets of this phone, do some repairs and sell it at a lower price. But enough with that, it can also be remembered that this phone model had its Golden Years baby! Wherever you look around, there can only be seen one type of phone, and that is the Nokia 3310, "ang cellphone ng bayan."
 


(4) Name of Manufacturer:   NOKIA
     Name of Phone Model:    Nokia 8310
     Year of Acquisition:         2004 - 2006
     Educational Level:           1st yr - 2nd yr HS


     If the Philips Savvy was my most unforgettable phone, this was the most cool. Aside from the fact, that this model was the FIRST Nokia phone that is small in size, it was also the first to have a built-in FM radio, voice prompter, calendar, and allows 2 players for the Snake! (But I have never actually played the 2-player game, since this was the first phone that allows it, you can not play without a compatible nearby phone.)




(5) Name of Manufacturer:   NOKIA
     Name of Phone Model:    Nokia 6020
     Year of Acquisition:         2006 - 2007
     Educational Level:           3rd yr - 4th yr HS


     Again and again, didn't you notice? As man is constantly evolving, then so were my cellular phones! From the "safeguard" model, two-lined screen, "cellphone ng bayan," to the FM radioed, I finally got a touch with my first colored and built-in camera phone! Yahoo!


     Mainly because I am actually in need of  some way to get connected, and because I lost ALL my previous phones accidentally, my father resorted of buying a new one for himself and passed this phone model to me.




(6) Name of Manufacturer:   NOKIA
     Name of Phone Model:    Nokia 3230
     Year of Acquisition:         2007 - 2008
     Educational Level: 4th yr HS - 1st yr College 1st sem


     On my fourth year in high school, I ran for a government position, Sangguniang Kabataan Councilor, in our barangay and eventually won. And one of its privileges is that the previous administration left behind some Nokia 3230 cellular phones (those were one of their projects for the SK in our barangay) and was then passed down to us, the incumbent SK officials of the new administration.


     Unlike the Nokia 6020, this model is relatively bigger in size which would complement its really, really large screen. It also has the Bluetoothconnection and the Groups tab for organizing your Contacts, which would then be easier to send GM (Group Messages) to all your friends.




(7) Name of Manufacturer:   NOKIA
     Name of Phone Model:    Nokia 6300
     Year of Acquisition:         2008 - 2010
     Educational Level:           1st yr - 3rd yr College


     The most slim cellular phone that I have acquired! The built-in 2.0 megapixel camera, FM radio, wonderful Music Player, and the architecture itself is enough to inspire you to get a hold of this phone model.


     And because of that fact, I hate to say this, but there are Chinese-manufactured phones nowadays that imitate this model. And it didn't happen just once that my "original" Nokia phone was conceptualized as such, and I hated that. 




(8) Name of Manufacturer:   NOKIA
     Name of Phone Model:    Nokia N73
     Year of Acquisition:         2010
     Educational Level:         3rd yr College - present


     Finally, we're down to our last spot! This is the present phone model that I am using right now and with its applications, I really couldn't ask for more. It contains an application that would read MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint documents and PDF files. We can even shut down our PC using the Bluetoothconnection and many more! The the great part here is there are thousands of apps on the internet that you can choose from and will make our life way easier and exciting...
To all the phones that became a part of my life, thank you very much for the excitement, thrill, gloomy and fun-filled moments, and of course, the learning experiences.
And to my parents who have provided me with such bountiful resources, I love you very much and thank you for the trust that you have given unto me. Just like what I always tell to my Boy Scouts, "asa man diay ta makat-on, kundile sa atong mga sayop," (we learn from our mistakes).
And to ALL who are reading this, please do comment. Thank you for your time! (Bwahahhaa, it's already 1:21 am na sa akong relo. Got to go to sleep now!)

3 comments:

  1. nice one ya! kudos to you!

    u should have included how those phones nawala sa imong hands! hahahahha, and of course the unli text sa tm before, remember paka? we used your 8310 by that time, hahahah, you're even afraid by that time, kay basin singilon ka sa tm, whahahahaha, i just can't forget your reaction every time we shout " kuya, pa texa ko beh!", and you would answer back, "nah te oi, ka pila na man ni?, basin ma check op ko ani ha!" hahahah

    and lastly ang load sa sun! "ya, pa otanga sa ko beh, pay you sa pay day" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. weh, as in super inspired jud kaau ka sa seminar val,,,weh no comment, very nice blog...
    may future ka,hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ate Chloe: sshhhhh lang gud te. Sekreto nalang na nato.. Ate, bantayi niya ang sunod nakong post. Ma-excite gyud ka! Heheheheh

    ReplyDelete

General Comments