Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jejemon is the word of the year!

Ang Official Tambayan ng Jejemons

What is a Jejemon?

        Basically anyone with a low tolerance in correct punctuation, syntax and grammar. Jejemons are usually hated or hunted down by Jejebusters or thegrammar nazi to eradicate their grammatical ways. 
     
      Many of my young Scouts are practicing this "Jejemon" language and I find it very disturbing, honestly. But what is really behind this "trend" that it attracts young people? Let's find out and discover...


What is a jejebeth?
Jejebeth is the alphabet of jejemons. The jejebeth is as follows:
4 b c D 3 f 6 h 1 j k 7 m N 0 p Q r 5 t u V w x Y z

What is a jejenish?
Jejenish is the language of jejemons

Etymology (History of the Word)
          The word "Jejemon" originated from online word or string "hehehe" which was translated into "jejeje", either because "jeje" is derived from Spanish, which denotes the interjection as laughter, or because the letters "h" and "j" are beside each other, and that it is appended by "-mon" that came from the Japanese anime Pokémon, with "-mon" meant as "monster," hence "jeje monsters."
         The Philippine Daily Inquirer describes Jejemons as a "new breed of hipsters who have developed not only their own language and written text but also their own sub-culture and fashion." But I would define them as the new set of "jologs", who, not only use their wild imaginations for the written text, but live up their art.
Examples:
  • Filipino: "3ow ph0w, mUsZtAh nA?" translated into Filipino as "Hello po, kamusta na?, translated into English as "Hello, how are you?"
  • English: "i wuD LLyK tO knOw moR3 bOut u. crE 2 t3ll mE yur N@me? jejejejeje!" translated into English as "I would like to know more about you, care to tell me your name? Hehehehe!"
  • aQcKuHh- means me/ako
  • lAbqCkyOuHh- means I love you
  • yuHh- means you
  • jAjaJa- garbled words conveying laughter
  • jeJejE- a variation of jAjaJa; conveys sly laughter
  • iMiszqcKyuH- means I miss you
  • eEoWpFhUeEhsxz - means hi/hello


Maybe because I do not appreciate much the field of arts, that's why I do not intend to "like" this new trend. But I am not closing my doors for them, Jejemons are always welcome in my life! "Jejejejejeje..."


So, having learned the ways of the Jejemon, would you like to try their language? Don't hesistate! Try it at:
www.jejeschool.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Comments